Dakak (Zamboanga del Norte, PH)
Huddled in between the striking turquoise Sulu Sea and Dapitan mountains is Dakak Park Beach Resort in Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines. This tucked paradise in Mindanao presents a lavish setting for an unruffled holiday. More to its unspoiled setting, this resort also swanks an assortment of facilities and services that makes one’s stay fitting and adventure-filled. With Dakak not being frequented by typhoons, the resort is indeed an ideal all-season destination.
The resort has 100 deluxe rooms, 16 prime deluxe rooms, 12 beachfront rooms, 30 Family Pavilion room, and one presidential suite. The white sand beach area is in a cove shape hence water is calm and really inviting. They have recreational facilities that include a tennis court, billiards room, bowling alley, golf course, ziplines, swimming pools and horseback riding facilities. Water activities like SCUBA diving lessons/adventure, sailing, and kayaking are offered. Furthermore, they also offer island hopping and historical tours.
The following are the tours they offer that you might want to try:
- Island Tour: Experience Island Hopping at Aliguay or Silinog and enjoy the the sight of dolphins, colorful corals and other marine organisms.
- Fishpond Tour: Have your lunch served at Kinilaw ug Inihaw sa Fishpond Restaurant – a fish farm 10 minutes away from the resort, passing through the Antipolo-San Pedro rivers – serving seafood delights such as prawns, crabs, milkfish and oysters.
- Historical Tour: A visit to Dapitan City will not be complete if one doesnt pay a visit ‘to the famous Rizal Shrine where Rizal stayed as an exile. Take a tour at the city’s well-known Spanish Houses, a century old cathedral and at the Punto del Desembarco de Rizal where Rizal landed.
- Cove Hopping: Visit neighboring beaches, explore a fisherman;s village, discover the bat cave and indulge in a swimming spree in the sea.
- Sunset cruise: Enjoy the beautiful sunset while cruising with the outrigger-boat.
- Night Tour: Visit Gloria de Dapitan and Gloria’s Fantasyland for some amusements and bars.
How to Get There:
From Manila (or Cebu City), fly your way to Dipolog. Once in Dipolog, ride a jeepney or tricycle to Dapitan City. One may also reach Dapitan via fastcraft if one is coming from Cebu, Tagbilaran City and Dumaguete City. Once in Dapitan, you can hire a habal-habal, tricycle or van that will take you to Dakak.
Don’t be a wasted soul, be ‘juan’derlust. Take it easy ebri’juan’.